Website Terms and Conditions
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully before using the UWE Students’ Union website.
1. This website, www.uwesu.org (the 'Website') is provided by UWE Students’ Union ('UWESU'). The use of the Website is governed by these Terms and Condition and such other documents referred to herein. By using the Website you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Website."We", "Our" or "Us" means UWESU and the terms "You" or "your" means the person accessing or using the Website.
2. UWESU reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Any substantial changes will be notified by posting a prominent notice on the Website.
3. This Website and any information or other material contained in it are made available to you strictly on the basis that you accept it on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. As such, UWESU make no warranties, representations or undertakings in relation to:
a. any of the content of the Website (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
b. any content of any other third party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through the Website.
4. You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet. We make no guarantees that the Website is free from computer viruses. It is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading the Website or its contents.
5. Links to third party websites are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by UWESU of such websites in any way.
6. Where you rely on any information or other material contained in this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this Website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. We exclude all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this Website or of any other Website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of this Website or any material or content accessed through it.
7. For the avoidance of doubt we own or are licensed to use all intellectual property rights in and to this website and all technical infrastructure relating to it. This Website is protected by Copyright and the Copyright, Trademarks, logos and Intellectual Property rights for the content of this Website are the property of UWESU. Any use, printing or copying of materials on this Website, other than in the course of browsing, is strictly prohibited. Any framing of this Website is prohibited. You may view or download any part of the Site for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our express permission, to:
a. store the Website, or any part of the Website, for any other purpose;
b. print copies of the Website, or any part of the Website, for any other purpose;
c. reproduce, copy or transmit the Website, or any part of the Website, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium.
All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
9. You agree that the Website is available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You agree that no materials of any kind submitted by You, will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libellous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material.
10. UWESU does not monitor individual submissions posted onto the Website by Users, but will respond as quickly as possible to any complaints received from Users who object to the nature of such content. Where such complaints are found to be justified, UWESU reserves the right to use, disclose or remove any information or materials without notice or compensation. If you wish to complain about any content appearing on the Website please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. The materials posted by Users do not necessarily reflect the views of UWESU. UWESU expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this Website.
12. By posting materials to the Website, you authorise UWESU to use and/or authorise others to use any such materials in any manner or medium. You may not advertise or solicit on the Website without UWESU's express permission.
Online Shopping Policies
1) Return Policy for UWE Clothing & Gifts
Full refunds are available for UWE Clothing & gifts that are returned within 28 days of receipt with proof of purchase (transaction email receipt). An exchange of goods up to the value of the original purchase will be offered for items returned after this period. Returned goods must be unworn and unwashed.
To arrange a return
The above refund & returns policy is limited to goods sold online by the Students' Union Shop and does not apply to sports kit and clothing associated with Sports Clubs, Societies, Networks or other student groups or events.
2) Tickets Policy
Refunds: Sorry but tickets are non-refundable unless in the event of cancellation.
Lost Tickets: If you lose your tickets contact email@example.com with proof of your purchase and we'll see if we can help you so you don't miss out, though this will depending on the event and circumstances at the time.
3) Memberships of Sports, Societies & Networks
You can cancel your membership of a Sports Club, Society or Network within 20 working days (term time) of joining, and you will receive a full refund. This does not apply if you have already been selected by the club to represent UWE in a competition, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Your membership of the Union's Sports, Societies and Networks is conditional on your proper conduct and therefore can be withdrawn if you breach our values, policies or codes of practice. Please read the Activitives Codes of Practice.
Other Website Policies