Latest Blog Post
Contact & Follow
Hi, I’m Olly, your Vice President - Education. I will be working closely with Ollie, the Education Officer to represent you passionately and professionally and ensure that we get the quality of education we pay for and deserve.
I attend Academic Board and the Learning, Teaching, Student Experience Executive, some of the most important meetings that the University has in relation to Education quality. In these meetings I represent the views of students from across all 5 of our campus’.
- To increase representation for all, including: Student parents, Mature students, Post grads, Disabled and Black/Ethnic Minority students
- To continue improvements to Blackboard – ensuring better usage by staff, access for students and containing the information that students need to succeed.
- To continue improvements to the Student Rep Structure and empower reps to take on more projects and improve the University from a module level up
- Continue to lobby the University to improve the student experience and focus on ensuring students get a quality education
- Work to improve students chance of success, ensuring that module handbooks give you the tools you need to succeed.
- Provide better communication between students and the University – focusing on the basics like getting feedback on time, understanding what contact time is and suggested texts are available from the library or online
View all Presidents
- To provide support to the Student Rep Departmental Forum Chairs and contribute to the ongoing developments of Student Rep Training
- To develop union policy relating to the academic experiences of students
- To coordinate the QAA Students’ Written Submission on behalf of the student body
- To represent the learner voice through the University’s Academic Structures
- To act as secretary to the Students’ Union’s Annual General Meeting and responsible for policy and resulting action in the Students’ Union
- Works in the Representation and Community Team