Latest Blog Post
Contact & Follow
Hi, my name is Emmanuel, and I am your SU president for this year.
As your President, I am committed to ensuring that you; the students are regularly engaged with and that your views on issues relating to your experience are represented. This I will do by liaising and working closely with UWE management and the NUS to create a positive change on issues and Policies relating to:
- Making the SU more accessible and transparent for all students (irrespective of your nationality, belief, culture, race, etc); providing greater opportunities for all students concerns, views, and ideas to be heard. Making the students voice everything: this is your university, your experience; you matter most.
- Supporting the SU Executive Team with their campaigns and informing the membership of key UWE developments, and to develop union policy relating to the non-academic experiences of students.
- ‘The VC Explain’- bringing the VC to students, making things transparent and informative.
- Equality, diversity and change - I will intensify Inter-cultural events to eliminate the conventional inter-cultural imbalances, bridge the barriers, and reach out to the voiceless. Making UWE an all inclusive University.
- Internationalizing (the Students Union and the University) and making UWE more global, all aimed at making the students more marketable in terms of employability both at home and abroad.
- Strengthening Employability activities - Working with the management to establish a strong link between the university and some local companies in areas of practical and professional experience. Hence enhancing UWE student experiences.
- Focus more on learning and its deliveries
View all Presidents
- Figurehead of the Students’ Union
- Coordinates, supports and ensures that the elected officers, the Executive, fulfil their responsibilities
- Acts as the primary contact for the University, the National Union of Students and the Media
- Student member of the Board of Governors and co-chair of the Student Governor Forum
- Attends the National Union of Students’ Annual Conference as delegate leader
- Together with the General Manager, implement the strategic plan for the Union